Lovely ladies launch vintage midnight walk
An East End hotel was catapulted into a bygone era when a group of glamorous ladies donned vintage outfits to launch a fundraising midnight walk.
Members of dance troupe Swing Patrol posed alongside Miss Commonwealth Hayley Mac in Bethnal Green’s Town Hall Hotel to get more women involved in the fundraiser for east London hospices St Joseph’s and Richard House.
Passersby in Hackney, Bethnal Green, Whitechapel and Shoreditch won’t know what’s hit them this September when up to 1,000 women embark on their sponsored ten-mile walk.
1940s entertainment will also be put on at rest stops along the way.
Niall Couper, from Richard House’s communication office, said the fundraiser is one of a growing number between the two hospices to highlight the work they do with critically ill children and adults in east London.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The hospices are as much a part of the community as the local post office.” The vintage midnight walk will take place on Saturday September 10.
To get involved go to richardhouse.org/vintagewalk.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid