Lovely ladies launch vintage midnight walk
An East End hotel was catapulted into a bygone era when a group of glamorous ladies donned vintage outfits to launch a fundraising midnight walk.
Members of dance troupe Swing Patrol posed alongside Miss Commonwealth Hayley Mac in Bethnal Green’s Town Hall Hotel to get more women involved in the fundraiser for east London hospices St Joseph’s and Richard House.
Passersby in Hackney, Bethnal Green, Whitechapel and Shoreditch won’t know what’s hit them this September when up to 1,000 women embark on their sponsored ten-mile walk.
1940s entertainment will also be put on at rest stops along the way.
Niall Couper, from Richard House’s communication office, said the fundraiser is one of a growing number between the two hospices to highlight the work they do with critically ill children and adults in east London.
He said: “The hospices are as much a part of the community as the local post office.” The vintage midnight walk will take place on Saturday September 10.
To get involved go to richardhouse.org/vintagewalk.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network