Lovely ladies launch vintage midnight walk
An East End hotel was catapulted into a bygone era when a group of glamorous ladies donned vintage outfits to launch a fundraising midnight walk.
Members of dance troupe Swing Patrol posed alongside Miss Commonwealth Hayley Mac in Bethnal Green’s Town Hall Hotel to get more women involved in the fundraiser for east London hospices St Joseph’s and Richard House.
Passersby in Hackney, Bethnal Green, Whitechapel and Shoreditch won’t know what’s hit them this September when up to 1,000 women embark on their sponsored ten-mile walk.
1940s entertainment will also be put on at rest stops along the way.
Niall Couper, from Richard House’s communication office, said the fundraiser is one of a growing number between the two hospices to highlight the work they do with critically ill children and adults in east London.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The hospices are as much a part of the community as the local post office.” The vintage midnight walk will take place on Saturday September 10.
To get involved go to richardhouse.org/vintagewalk.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom