Lovely ladies launch vintage midnight walk
An East End hotel was catapulted into a bygone era when a group of glamorous ladies donned vintage outfits to launch a fundraising midnight walk.
Members of dance troupe Swing Patrol posed alongside Miss Commonwealth Hayley Mac in Bethnal Green’s Town Hall Hotel to get more women involved in the fundraiser for east London hospices St Joseph’s and Richard House.
Passersby in Hackney, Bethnal Green, Whitechapel and Shoreditch won’t know what’s hit them this September when up to 1,000 women embark on their sponsored ten-mile walk.
1940s entertainment will also be put on at rest stops along the way.
Niall Couper, from Richard House’s communication office, said the fundraiser is one of a growing number between the two hospices to highlight the work they do with critically ill children and adults in east London.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The hospices are as much a part of the community as the local post office.” The vintage midnight walk will take place on Saturday September 10.
To get involved go to richardhouse.org/vintagewalk.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 8 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 9 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets