Celebrate love with a night of comedy, music, spoken word and dance in Shoreditch this Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Celebrate Valentine’s Day in unique style with a night of games, comedy, music, spoken word, dance performances and plenty of audience participation in Shoreditch.
Improvised comedy show ACTing Up star Ashley J hosts Lovers & Friends at Rich Mix theatre, Bethnal Green Road from 7.30pm this Friday, February 14.
The headline act is the world premiere of a father and son dance duet by Kenrick 'H20' Sandy MBE and Kenyah Sandy.
The night will also feature music from Monochrome, clever and thought-provoking spoken word artist Fury WD, and the soulful sounds of Toni Tones.
DJ B-Radz and Ashley J will also be providing music, improv games and a fun competition for any singletons in the audience.
You may also want to watch:
Ashley J said: "Lovers & Friends celebrates all types of love: romantic, platonic, and the fantastic."
An afterparty and jam session, featuring DJs Sterling Reigns and Marcus Damon, will follow from 10pm.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Visit richmix.org.uk/events/lovers-and-friends/ for more information and tickets.