Lovestruck shoppers snaffle alternative Valentine’s gifts in Bethnal Green
SWEETHEARTS could buy Valentine’s presents from a hand picked selection of design gifts from London’s best independent artists at a pop up shop in Bethnal Green on Saturday.
Stallholders from London’s top markets were selling their wares at the East End Craft Guerilla’s Valentine’s Pop-Up Shop at the Back to Basics craft space in Old Ford Road.
The shop offered people the chance to buy a unique, hand made gift for their loved one whilst helping fund a new community arts and crafts initiative.
Part of the purchase cost of each item was donated to the Back To Basics project which aims to provide free arts and crafts workshops for East Enders.
The project has been hosting a series of Valentines themed workshops throughout February, offering participants the chance to make their own gift to take home.
You may also want to watch:
Valentine-themed craft packs are also available online at backtobasicsartsandcrafts.blogspot.com.
Back to Basics will also be holding Valentines Cup Cake Decorating sessions from 6.30-8.30pm today (Thursday), a Valentine’s heart crochet workshop on Saturday and a lingerie masterclass on Sunday.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
The shop will also be open next Saturday for last minute purchases before Valentine’s Day