Lovestruck shoppers snaffle alternative Valentine’s gifts in Bethnal Green
SWEETHEARTS could buy Valentine’s presents from a hand picked selection of design gifts from London’s best independent artists at a pop up shop in Bethnal Green on Saturday.
Stallholders from London’s top markets were selling their wares at the East End Craft Guerilla’s Valentine’s Pop-Up Shop at the Back to Basics craft space in Old Ford Road.
The shop offered people the chance to buy a unique, hand made gift for their loved one whilst helping fund a new community arts and crafts initiative.
Part of the purchase cost of each item was donated to the Back To Basics project which aims to provide free arts and crafts workshops for East Enders.
The project has been hosting a series of Valentines themed workshops throughout February, offering participants the chance to make their own gift to take home.
Valentine-themed craft packs are also available online at backtobasicsartsandcrafts.blogspot.com.
Back to Basics will also be holding Valentines Cup Cake Decorating sessions from 6.30-8.30pm today (Thursday), a Valentine’s heart crochet workshop on Saturday and a lingerie masterclass on Sunday.
- 1 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 8 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 9 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 10 Latest Leyton Orient signing Coleman delighted to join 'massive club'
The shop will also be open next Saturday for last minute purchases before Valentine’s Day