Lovestruck shoppers snaffle alternative Valentine’s gifts in Bethnal Green
SWEETHEARTS could buy Valentine’s presents from a hand picked selection of design gifts from London’s best independent artists at a pop up shop in Bethnal Green on Saturday.
Stallholders from London’s top markets were selling their wares at the East End Craft Guerilla’s Valentine’s Pop-Up Shop at the Back to Basics craft space in Old Ford Road.
The shop offered people the chance to buy a unique, hand made gift for their loved one whilst helping fund a new community arts and crafts initiative.
Part of the purchase cost of each item was donated to the Back To Basics project which aims to provide free arts and crafts workshops for East Enders.
The project has been hosting a series of Valentines themed workshops throughout February, offering participants the chance to make their own gift to take home.
You may also want to watch:
Valentine-themed craft packs are also available online at backtobasicsartsandcrafts.blogspot.com.
Back to Basics will also be holding Valentines Cup Cake Decorating sessions from 6.30-8.30pm today (Thursday), a Valentine’s heart crochet workshop on Saturday and a lingerie masterclass on Sunday.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
The shop will also be open next Saturday for last minute purchases before Valentine’s Day