Loving fireworks display for Valentine’s night over Thames at Canary Wharf
- Credit: Fantastic Fireworks
This was the loving scene above the Thames on Valentine’s night that was nearly blown off course by the gales.
Organisers of the four-minute fireworks spectacle at Canary Wharf almost got the wind up.
“It was touch and go whether the show could go ahead,” said Jon Culverhouse, who runs Fantastic Fireworks which laid on the display.
“But we managed to send up 1,000 heart-shaped fireworks to light up the sky.
“It brought some cheer to an otherwise miserable and windy Valentine’s Day.”
You may also want to watch:
The company was inundated with tweets from spectators enjoying last Friday night’s riverside show, including Poplar & Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick. [Picture: Benjamin Mole]
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe