Luxury hotel planned for vacant Wapping site
Plans for a luxury hotel at a vacant Wapping site have been submitted to Tower Hamlets Council.
Developers Al Mubarakla Ltd announced details this week of their plans for the four star hotel North of Tobacco Dock.
The proposed development will have 242 hotel rooms, as well as 63 hotel apartments, along with a shop, bar and restaurant.
A spokesman said: “These plans will re-develop a vacant site and create new employment opportunities for local people. We hope that these exciting proposals for the area will soon become a reality.”
The listed site currently hosts the annual London International Tattoo Convention.
You may also want to watch:
A decision is expected by the council later this year.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze