Luxury hotel planned for vacant Wapping site
Plans for a luxury hotel at a vacant Wapping site have been submitted to Tower Hamlets Council.
Developers Al Mubarakla Ltd announced details this week of their plans for the four star hotel North of Tobacco Dock.
The proposed development will have 242 hotel rooms, as well as 63 hotel apartments, along with a shop, bar and restaurant.
A spokesman said: “These plans will re-develop a vacant site and create new employment opportunities for local people. We hope that these exciting proposals for the area will soon become a reality.”
The listed site currently hosts the annual London International Tattoo Convention.
You may also want to watch:
A decision is expected by the council later this year.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing