Luxury hotel planned for vacant Wapping site
Plans for a luxury hotel at a vacant Wapping site have been submitted to Tower Hamlets Council.
Developers Al Mubarakla Ltd announced details this week of their plans for the four star hotel North of Tobacco Dock.
The proposed development will have 242 hotel rooms, as well as 63 hotel apartments, along with a shop, bar and restaurant.
A spokesman said: “These plans will re-develop a vacant site and create new employment opportunities for local people. We hope that these exciting proposals for the area will soon become a reality.”
The listed site currently hosts the annual London International Tattoo Convention.
You may also want to watch:
A decision is expected by the council later this year.
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum