Lynda Bellingham and MP Jim Fitzpatrick back Carers Week
- Credit: Archant
Actress Lynda Bellingham joined Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick in lending her support for carers.
The duo appeared together in Westminster last week ahead of Carers Week, which is aimed at celebrating the contribution of the 6.5million carers across the UK – including those in Tower Hamlets.
Lynda said: “My sister and I cared for our mother when she had Alzheimer’s and so I know first-hand the impact that caring can have on someone’s life.
“It’s fantastic to see MPs pledge their support for Carers Week and carers in the UK.”
Lending his support to the campaign to raise awareness of the contribution of carers, Mr Fitzpatrick said around one in eight people in Tower Hamlets care for a loved one.
You may also want to watch:
Carers Week runs from June 10 to June 16.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences