Bonne agrees new terms with O’s after fine debut campaign
- Credit: Archant
The 22-year-old forward has signed a new two-year deal which will run until the summer of 2020
Macauley Bonne has extended his Leyton Orient contract until the end of the 2019/20 season to hand the National League outfit a big boost.
The former Colchester United forward netted 25 times in all competitions during the previous campaign and his goalscoring exploits saw him earn admirers from Football League clubs.
Bonne always remained committed to the O’s, but head coach Justin Edinburgh spoke at the end of last season about the east Londoners’ desire to extend the strikers terms and reward him for his excellent debut campaign.
Martin Ling reiterated this soon after the National League had concluded and now Orient have tied down their star forward to a contract extension.
You may also want to watch:
Bonne, 22, will be contracted to the club until the summer of 2020 which should put off any teams looking to sign the attacker in January.
Last weekend he netted his first two goals of the new season in the 2-2 draw at home to Barrow and this caps a good few days for the Ipswich-born hitman.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
Bonne will look to celebrate the announcement by helping Orient claim an opening victory of the campaign tomorrow (Tuesday) night at Maidstone United.