‘Made London’ craft fare makes it to Canary Wharf for 3rd year with 100 top designers
- Credit: CWG
A design fare with 100 top artists and craftsfolk returns to Canary Wharf today.
Creations on show at the ‘Made London’ craft fare span a range from decorations, furnishings and jewellery, with items fashioned from ceramics, textiles, woods, leathers and silvers.
“The craftmanship on display is exceptional,” Canary Wharf Group’s Lucie Moore promises. “Each designer is showing a wide selection of exquisite works.”
The fair returns to the Docklands business and shopping centre for its third year with items by some of the UK and Europe’s leading makers.
These include hand-rolled abstract glassware by British designer Lynne Foster and jewellery by French Marion LeBoutillier who creates Wabi-sabi Japanese-inspired pieces by moulding shapes in a special wax before casting in silver to finish. Rebecca Joselyn is also returning with her renowned silverware.
You may also want to watch:
The fair includes designs from Margo Selby, whose contemporary textile designs are constructed with a specialist touch from a team of artisan weavers, each one inspired by her vision and style.
The ‘Made London’ fair opens 11am at Canary Wharf’s East Wintergarden and runs till Sunday.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt