Maguire-Drew praises Leyton Orient youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Attacker Jordan Maguire-Drew has praised Leyton Orient’s academy and the youngsters that were called upon in their victory over Brighton & Hove Albion under-21 team.
Youngsters Shadrach Ogie and Hector Kyprianou, the latter making his senior debut, both started for the O's in that fixture where they run out 4-2 penalty shoot-out winners against the Seagulls after a 1-1 draw.
Left-back Jayden Sweeney all featured on the bench and Maguire-Drew is predicting bright futures for the trio along with many of the club's other hot prospects.
"He (Hector Kyprianou) was brilliant; he's going to be a real player, same as Shadrach.
"We've got a good academy and a lot of youngsters, some that didn't even feature, that are coming through that I believe are going to be top players.
You may also want to watch:
"It's good for them to play in these games."
He added: "They're playing against players a similar age to them, but at the top level, so it can show them the detail they play with and how they take the ball in tight areas and their tactical knowledge.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
"I believe Hector, Shadrach, Sweens and loads of them are coming through that I believe will be top players."