Maguire’s loan ends
- Credit: Archant
Liverpool defender leaves Brisbane Road
Young defender Joe Maguire has returned to parent club Liverpool after his one-month loan spell with Leyton Orient came to an end.
Ian Hendon had the option to extend the deal, but has chosen not to and the 19-year-old is now back at Anfield.
He made one start during his time at Brisbane Road in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy defeat at Luton Town and appeared on the bench on numerous occasions.
But with Frazer Shaw the first choice left-back and Alan Dunne also able to play there, the Liverpool man found chances hard to find and was left out of the matchday squad that went to Northampton Town on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
A statement on the official club website read: “We would like to thank Joe for his services and wish him all the best for the future.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital