Man, 33, sent schoolgirl smutty texts, court told
A MAN accused of sexual activity with a child sex has admitted in court pestering a schoolgirl with smutty text messages. He was caught when the girl showed his texts to a family friend, a court heard
A MAN accused of sexual activity with a child has admitted in court pestering a schoolgirl with smutty text messages.
He was caught when the girl showed his texts to a family friend, a court heard.
Paul Cawley, 33, is alleged to have sent the 14-year-old he is accused of having molested a text which read: “What colour underwear have you got on?”
Cawley confessed to sending the messages after he was arrested in November, 2007, but claimed they were pranks.
You may also want to watch:
He is accused of molesting the girl while she was wearing just a towel in the bedroom of her home at Bromley-by-Bow in London’s East End in 2007.
- 1 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 2 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 5 Witness appeal continues a month after youth stabbed in Shadwell
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
Carley also denied attacking her at his flat in Mile End flat 10 months earlier.
He invited her to the flat to download music onto her games console, he told Snaresbrook crown court on Tuesday.
But prosecutor Babatunde Alabi told jurors: “Cawley pinned her on to the sofa and started touching her, then pulled down her tracksuit and put his hands into her underwear. She tried to keep her knees together and asked him to get off.”
Cawley denies charges of sexual activity with a child and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity. The trial continues.