Man, 69, on brothel and drugs charges after cops bust nightclub
THREE men have appeared in court including a 69-year-old from the East End following a police raid on a lap dancing club alleged to have been used as a brothel. They were among five men and two women arrested after cops busted London’s Capricorn Club
THREE men have appeared in court including a 69-year-old from the East End following a police raid on a lap dancing club alleged to have been used as a brothel.
They were among five men and two women arrested after cops busted London’s Capricorn Club.
Detectives from the Clubs & Vice Unit raided the club in Goodge Street as well as eight addresses across London and in Essex.
Three men were arrested at the club including two in their sixties. A 44-year-old was then arrested in Holloway and a 55-year-old at Stansted, while a woman of 57 was arrested in Mitcham and a woman of 49 in Hendon.
You may also want to watch:
Police have been interviewing 18 women, in their 20s and 30s, believed to have worked at the club, who will be offered support services.
Several wraps of cocaine and �2,000 cash were also seized at the club, while a knife and knuckleduster were found in a car outside, said police sources.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
John George Wall, who is 70 in March, living at Sawmill Yard in Old Ford, next to East London’s Victoria Park, is charged together with 45-year-old John James Wall, from Byng Street in Millwall, Isle of Dogs, with controlling a brothel, controlling prostitution for gain and possessing an offensive weapon.
John James Wall faces additional charges of possessing class A drugs with intent and money laundering.
A third man, 63-year-old Ahsen Mehmet from Hendon, has been charged with controlling a brothel, controlling prostitution for gain and intent to supply drugs.
All appeared before Westminster magistrates on Saturday and were remanded in custody until December 23 to appear at Southwark crown court. The others arrested in the operation have been bailed until January.