Man, 69, on brothel and drugs charges after cops bust nightclub
THREE men have appeared in court including a 69-year-old from the East End following a police raid on a lap dancing club alleged to have been used as a brothel. They were among five men and two women arrested after cops busted London’s Capricorn Club
THREE men have appeared in court including a 69-year-old from the East End following a police raid on a lap dancing club alleged to have been used as a brothel.
They were among five men and two women arrested after cops busted London’s Capricorn Club.
Detectives from the Clubs & Vice Unit raided the club in Goodge Street as well as eight addresses across London and in Essex.
Three men were arrested at the club including two in their sixties. A 44-year-old was then arrested in Holloway and a 55-year-old at Stansted, while a woman of 57 was arrested in Mitcham and a woman of 49 in Hendon.
Police have been interviewing 18 women, in their 20s and 30s, believed to have worked at the club, who will be offered support services.
Several wraps of cocaine and �2,000 cash were also seized at the club, while a knife and knuckleduster were found in a car outside, said police sources.
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 3 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 4 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 5 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 6 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 7 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 8 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 9 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 10 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
John George Wall, who is 70 in March, living at Sawmill Yard in Old Ford, next to East London’s Victoria Park, is charged together with 45-year-old John James Wall, from Byng Street in Millwall, Isle of Dogs, with controlling a brothel, controlling prostitution for gain and possessing an offensive weapon.
John James Wall faces additional charges of possessing class A drugs with intent and money laundering.
A third man, 63-year-old Ahsen Mehmet from Hendon, has been charged with controlling a brothel, controlling prostitution for gain and intent to supply drugs.
All appeared before Westminster magistrates on Saturday and were remanded in custody until December 23 to appear at Southwark crown court. The others arrested in the operation have been bailed until January.