Man, 75, hurt in suspected attack in all-night store
A PENSIONER is in a serious condition in hospital after being injured in a suspected violent attack at a supermarket in London’s East End. Staff at the 24-hour store in Whitechapel rushed to help the 75-year-old after the attack
By Dean Valler
A PENSIONER is in a serious condition in hospital after being injured in a suspected assault at a supermarket in London’s East End.
Staff at the 24-hour Budgen’s store in Whitechapel rushed to help the 75-year-old at about 5am.
Witnesses have told police that the pensioner may have been attacked by another man who then left the store. Police studying CCTV footage and are trying to trace the injured man’s family.
You may also want to watch:
Vishal Dave, shift manager at the store next to Whitechapel Underground station, said: “Blood was pouring from the man’s head after he hit the ground.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Families tell developers what's needed on Poplar's Teviot estate at fun day
- 10 Leyton Orient without Tom James for trip to Port Vale
“The other man left without stopping and police have taken our CCTV footage for evidence.”
The pensioner has been detained at the Royal London Hospital in a serious condition.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who were in Whitechapel Road at around 5am today to call Det Sgt Cliff Jones at Limehouse CID on 020-7275 4503, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.