Man, 75, hurt in suspected attack in all-night store
A PENSIONER is in a serious condition in hospital after being injured in a suspected violent attack at a supermarket in London’s East End. Staff at the 24-hour store in Whitechapel rushed to help the 75-year-old after the attack
By Dean Valler
A PENSIONER is in a serious condition in hospital after being injured in a suspected assault at a supermarket in London’s East End.
Staff at the 24-hour Budgen’s store in Whitechapel rushed to help the 75-year-old at about 5am.
Witnesses have told police that the pensioner may have been attacked by another man who then left the store. Police studying CCTV footage and are trying to trace the injured man’s family.
You may also want to watch:
Vishal Dave, shift manager at the store next to Whitechapel Underground station, said: “Blood was pouring from the man’s head after he hit the ground.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“The other man left without stopping and police have taken our CCTV footage for evidence.”
The pensioner has been detained at the Royal London Hospital in a serious condition.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who were in Whitechapel Road at around 5am today to call Det Sgt Cliff Jones at Limehouse CID on 020-7275 4503, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.