Man arrested following Stepney drugs raid
- Credit: Archant
Cannabis with a street value of £5,000 has been seized and a man arrested during a raid on a flat in Stepney.
Partnership Task Force officers forced entry to the property in Saxon Road and found a quantity of the class B drug in the living room.
Upon searching the suspended plasterboard ceiling, they discovered a large haul of cannabis as well as suspected class A drugs.
Police arrested a man aged 30 on suspicion of being involved in the supply of controlled drugs.
Borough Commander Dave Stringer said: “This is another excellent example of how officers from the Partnership Task Force within Tower Hamlets act quickly and robustly to deal with drug dealing and drug misuse.
You may also want to watch:
“We are committed to eradicating such crime in the borough, cleaning up our streets and making our communities safer.”
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided