Man arrested following Stepney drugs raid
- Credit: Archant
Cannabis with a street value of £5,000 has been seized and a man arrested during a raid on a flat in Stepney.
Partnership Task Force officers forced entry to the property in Saxon Road and found a quantity of the class B drug in the living room.
Upon searching the suspended plasterboard ceiling, they discovered a large haul of cannabis as well as suspected class A drugs.
Police arrested a man aged 30 on suspicion of being involved in the supply of controlled drugs.
Borough Commander Dave Stringer said: “This is another excellent example of how officers from the Partnership Task Force within Tower Hamlets act quickly and robustly to deal with drug dealing and drug misuse.
You may also want to watch:
“We are committed to eradicating such crime in the borough, cleaning up our streets and making our communities safer.”
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets