Man charged after cops carry out UK's biggest crystal meth drugs bust in Limehouse
THE UK s largest ever haul of crystal meth was seized in the East End at the weekend. Acting on intelligence, cops raided the flat of a suspected drug dealer in Limehouse on Saturday morning and seized a huge drugs stash with an estimated street value of
THE UK's largest ever haul of crystal meth was seized in the East End at the weekend.
Acting on intelligence, cops raided the flat of a suspected drug dealer in Limehouse on Saturday morning and seized a huge drugs stash with an estimated street value of more than �1.5 million.
Officers seized what is believed to be between three and five kilograms of methamphetamine, otherwise known as crystal meth, with an estimated street value of �600,000-�1.5m at the plush, modern flat in Commercial Road.
The haul, which was stashed in plastic sacks and is believed to be the largest seizure of the drug, is thought to have been produced in a factory in this country.
Half a kilogram of cocaine worth around �40,000 and cannabis worth �8,000-�14,000 were also seized by officers at the flat as well as up to �50,000 in cash.
A 62-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A and class B drugs as well as possession of criminal property.
- 1 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 2 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 5 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 6 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 9 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 10 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
Richard Lubbock, 62, of Commercial Road, Limehouse appeared in custody at
- Thames Magistrates' Court on Monday charged with possession of cocaine with intent to supply, possession of cannabis with intent to supply and possession of criminal property.