Man charged after cops carry out UK's biggest crystal meth drugs bust in Limehouse
THE UK s largest ever haul of crystal meth was seized in the East End at the weekend. Acting on intelligence, cops raided the flat of a suspected drug dealer in Limehouse on Saturday morning and seized a huge drugs stash with an estimated street value of
THE UK's largest ever haul of crystal meth was seized in the East End at the weekend.
Acting on intelligence, cops raided the flat of a suspected drug dealer in Limehouse on Saturday morning and seized a huge drugs stash with an estimated street value of more than �1.5 million.
Officers seized what is believed to be between three and five kilograms of methamphetamine, otherwise known as crystal meth, with an estimated street value of �600,000-�1.5m at the plush, modern flat in Commercial Road.
The haul, which was stashed in plastic sacks and is believed to be the largest seizure of the drug, is thought to have been produced in a factory in this country.
You may also want to watch:
Half a kilogram of cocaine worth around �40,000 and cannabis worth �8,000-�14,000 were also seized by officers at the flat as well as up to �50,000 in cash.
A 62-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A and class B drugs as well as possession of criminal property.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 6 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 7 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 8 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 9 Protest rally over Uyghur Muslims planned at China’s new Royal Mint embassy
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
Richard Lubbock, 62, of Commercial Road, Limehouse appeared in custody at
- Thames Magistrates' Court on Monday charged with possession of cocaine with intent to supply, possession of cannabis with intent to supply and possession of criminal property.