Man charged after cops carry out UK's biggest crystal meth drugs bust in Limehouse
THE UK s largest ever haul of crystal meth was seized in the East End at the weekend. Acting on intelligence, cops raided the flat of a suspected drug dealer in Limehouse on Saturday morning and seized a huge drugs stash with an estimated street value of
THE UK's largest ever haul of crystal meth was seized in the East End at the weekend.
Acting on intelligence, cops raided the flat of a suspected drug dealer in Limehouse on Saturday morning and seized a huge drugs stash with an estimated street value of more than �1.5 million.
Officers seized what is believed to be between three and five kilograms of methamphetamine, otherwise known as crystal meth, with an estimated street value of �600,000-�1.5m at the plush, modern flat in Commercial Road.
The haul, which was stashed in plastic sacks and is believed to be the largest seizure of the drug, is thought to have been produced in a factory in this country.
You may also want to watch:
Half a kilogram of cocaine worth around �40,000 and cannabis worth �8,000-�14,000 were also seized by officers at the flat as well as up to �50,000 in cash.
A 62-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A and class B drugs as well as possession of criminal property.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
Richard Lubbock, 62, of Commercial Road, Limehouse appeared in custody at
- Thames Magistrates' Court on Monday charged with possession of cocaine with intent to supply, possession of cannabis with intent to supply and possession of criminal property.