Man charged with businessman Zdenek Makar’s murder in Poplar due in court
- Credit: MPS
Detectives have charged a man with the murder of Zdenek Makar in London’s East End, Scotland Yard confirmed today.
The 31-year-old Czech businessman was found dying outside All Saints DLR station in East India Dock Road in Poplar when police answering a 999 call shortly before midnight on Wednesday. He died at the scene at 20 minutes later.
It followed what was reported as a row involving a group of youths at a nearby chicken take-away.
A post-mortem at Poplar mortuary put cause of death as traumatic haemorrhage.
Police made three arrests following the incident. They have charged Raymond Sculley, 29, from Sherman House in Aberfeldy Street, off East India Dock Road, who appears in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court tomorrow charged with Zdenek’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
Others arrested on Friday, two youths aged a 19 and 16, have been released on police bail pending further investigations. Both are due to return in early October.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom