Man dies after rescue from East London blaze by police
A MAN has died this-afternoon following a fire at a house in East London where police had to force their way in. He died at 4.20pm at the Royal London following the blaze at yesterday in East Ham
A MAN has died in hospital this-afternoon following a fire at a house in East London where police had to force their way in.
He died at 4.20pm at the Royal London in Whitechapel following the blaze at an address yesterday morning in East Ham.
Officers were helping community Mental Health officials to undertake an assessment of someone at the address at 10am, but were unable to get in.
They managed to force entry after 45 minutes, when they discovered the fire inside the premises, Scotland Yard confirmed this evening.
You may also want to watch:
Police are attempting to trace next of kin. A post mortem examination today at Walthamstow was inconclusive. Further tests are being carried out. Nobody else was injured during the incident. The Department for Professional Standards is investigating the circumstances.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 9 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip