Man dies after rescue from East London blaze by police
A MAN has died this-afternoon following a fire at a house in East London where police had to force their way in. He died at 4.20pm at the Royal London following the blaze at yesterday in East Ham
A MAN has died in hospital this-afternoon following a fire at a house in East London where police had to force their way in.
He died at 4.20pm at the Royal London in Whitechapel following the blaze at an address yesterday morning in East Ham.
Officers were helping community Mental Health officials to undertake an assessment of someone at the address at 10am, but were unable to get in.
They managed to force entry after 45 minutes, when they discovered the fire inside the premises, Scotland Yard confirmed this evening.
You may also want to watch:
Police are attempting to trace next of kin. A post mortem examination today at Walthamstow was inconclusive. Further tests are being carried out. Nobody else was injured during the incident. The Department for Professional Standards is investigating the circumstances.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM