Man dies in Whitechapel after head injuries outside hospital
A MAN died last night just hours after being found with head injuries in the street just yards from a hospital accident and emergency department. Police are appealing for witnesses after he was discovered collapsed in Whitechapel at 2am yesterday, outside the Royal London Hospital
A MAN died last night just hours after being found with head injuries in the street in East London just yards from a hospital accident and emergency department.
Police are appealing for witnesses after he was discovered collapsed in Whitechapel at 2am yesterday in Cavell Street, off Whitechapel Road, outside the Royal London Hospital.
His death is being treated as 'non-suspicious' at the moment.
But detectives are trying to find out how he got his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called by hospital staff treating the man, who died 16 hours later at 6.30pm.
They are trying to trace his family. He is thought to be a 57-year-old from Poland.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 4 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 5 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 6 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 7 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 8 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
Detectives are appealing for witnesses who may have been in Cavell Street or Whitechapel Road at 2am Bank Holiday Monday, or anyone with information about his movements before his injuries, to call Tower Hamlets CID on 020-7275 4535, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
There have been no arrests, Scotland Yard confirmed this morning.