Man dies in Whitechapel after head injuries outside hospital
A MAN died last night just hours after being found with head injuries in the street just yards from a hospital accident and emergency department. Police are appealing for witnesses after he was discovered collapsed in Whitechapel at 2am yesterday, outside the Royal London Hospital
A MAN died last night just hours after being found with head injuries in the street in East London just yards from a hospital accident and emergency department.
Police are appealing for witnesses after he was discovered collapsed in Whitechapel at 2am yesterday in Cavell Street, off Whitechapel Road, outside the Royal London Hospital.
His death is being treated as 'non-suspicious' at the moment.
But detectives are trying to find out how he got his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called by hospital staff treating the man, who died 16 hours later at 6.30pm.
They are trying to trace his family. He is thought to be a 57-year-old from Poland.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
Detectives are appealing for witnesses who may have been in Cavell Street or Whitechapel Road at 2am Bank Holiday Monday, or anyone with information about his movements before his injuries, to call Tower Hamlets CID on 020-7275 4535, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
There have been no arrests, Scotland Yard confirmed this morning.