Man dies in Whitechapel after head injuries outside hospital
A MAN died last night just hours after being found with head injuries in the street just yards from a hospital accident and emergency department. Police are appealing for witnesses after he was discovered collapsed in Whitechapel at 2am yesterday, outside the Royal London Hospital
A MAN died last night just hours after being found with head injuries in the street in East London just yards from a hospital accident and emergency department.
Police are appealing for witnesses after he was discovered collapsed in Whitechapel at 2am yesterday in Cavell Street, off Whitechapel Road, outside the Royal London Hospital.
His death is being treated as 'non-suspicious' at the moment.
But detectives are trying to find out how he got his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called by hospital staff treating the man, who died 16 hours later at 6.30pm.
They are trying to trace his family. He is thought to be a 57-year-old from Poland.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Detectives are appealing for witnesses who may have been in Cavell Street or Whitechapel Road at 2am Bank Holiday Monday, or anyone with information about his movements before his injuries, to call Tower Hamlets CID on 020-7275 4535, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
There have been no arrests, Scotland Yard confirmed this morning.