Man dies in Whitechapel after head injuries outside hospital
A MAN died last night just hours after being found with head injuries in the street just yards from a hospital accident and emergency department. Police are appealing for witnesses after he was discovered collapsed in Whitechapel at 2am yesterday, outside the Royal London Hospital
A MAN died last night just hours after being found with head injuries in the street in East London just yards from a hospital accident and emergency department.
Police are appealing for witnesses after he was discovered collapsed in Whitechapel at 2am yesterday in Cavell Street, off Whitechapel Road, outside the Royal London Hospital.
His death is being treated as 'non-suspicious' at the moment.
But detectives are trying to find out how he got his injuries.
Police were called by hospital staff treating the man, who died 16 hours later at 6.30pm.
They are trying to trace his family. He is thought to be a 57-year-old from Poland.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 9 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
Detectives are appealing for witnesses who may have been in Cavell Street or Whitechapel Road at 2am Bank Holiday Monday, or anyone with information about his movements before his injuries, to call Tower Hamlets CID on 020-7275 4535, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
There have been no arrests, Scotland Yard confirmed this morning.