Man dies in Whitechapel after head injuries outside hospital
A MAN died last night just hours after being found with head injuries in the street just yards from a hospital accident and emergency department. Police are appealing for witnesses after he was discovered collapsed in Whitechapel at 2am yesterday, outside the Royal London Hospital
A MAN died last night just hours after being found with head injuries in the street in East London just yards from a hospital accident and emergency department.
Police are appealing for witnesses after he was discovered collapsed in Whitechapel at 2am yesterday in Cavell Street, off Whitechapel Road, outside the Royal London Hospital.
His death is being treated as 'non-suspicious' at the moment.
But detectives are trying to find out how he got his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called by hospital staff treating the man, who died 16 hours later at 6.30pm.
They are trying to trace his family. He is thought to be a 57-year-old from Poland.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
Detectives are appealing for witnesses who may have been in Cavell Street or Whitechapel Road at 2am Bank Holiday Monday, or anyone with information about his movements before his injuries, to call Tower Hamlets CID on 020-7275 4535, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
There have been no arrests, Scotland Yard confirmed this morning.