Man falls to death from tower block in 2nd tragedy in 3 days
A MAN from East London has died after falling from a high rise building in the Essex town of Harlow on Saturday—the second tower block tragedy in three days to hit East End families. The 26-year-old, who has not yet been formally identified, fell from The Hughes Tower in The Hides, Harlow New Town
A MAN from East London has died after plunging from a high-rise building in the Essex town of Harlow on Saturday—the second tower block tragedy in three days to hit East End families.
The 26-year-old, who has not yet been formally identified, fell from The Hughes Tower in The Hides, in Harlow New Town, around 5pm.
Police were called to the scene by ambulance crews following reports a man lying injured on the floor outside the high-rise block.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
A file is being prepared for the coroner for an inquest to be opened.
A post mortem and formal identification takes place later this week. It is understood the man came from Tower Hamlets in London’s East End.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 6 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Bronze Age hoard to go on show after 3,000 years and an extra year's delay
It is the second tower block tragedy to hit East London families in three days, after last Wednesday’s incident when 16-year-old GCSE schoolboy Ahmed Benyermak was chased into a tower block by a gang of youths and plunged 70ft to his death on Hackney’s Trelawney Estate.
He tried to evade his pursuers by climbing on the outside of the high-rise block when he lost his footing on the seventh floor and fell to his death.
Police are looking for the youths involved.