Man fights for life after metal bar attack in street
A MAN is fighting for his life in hospital this evening after being attacked in the street in London’s East End with a metal bar. Police were called to Sewardstone Road in Bethnal Green, near Victoria Park, after reports of a man being attacked with a metal pole
A MAN is fighting for his life in hospital this evening after being beaten up in the street with a metal bar.
Police in East London were called to Sewardstone Road in Bethnal Green, near Victoria Park, after reports of a man being attacked.
They believe he was hit over the head in the attack at 1.50pm this afternoon (Friday).
The man is in a critical condition and waiting for a brain scan, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
The roads around the Victoria Park Gate in Sewardstone Road remain cordoned off by police.
FAMILIES call for CCTV security after today’s attack—Advertiser Website Letters.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges