Man found stabbed in Bow is identified
A man found lying in a street in Bow with multiple stab wounds has been identified as Eric Paul.
The 50-year-old, of Burgess Street, Poplar, was discovered injured in the early hours of Saturday morning in Devons Road at the junction with Gale Street.
He was taken by ambulance to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel but was pronounced dead later.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary gave the cause of his death as a stab wound to the chest.
Police said they “retain an open mind” as to the motive behind his death, and are appealing for witnesses.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact the incident room on 020 8358 0300, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 6 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 Stolen bikes being recycled in Mile End by police