Man found stabbed in Bow is identified
A man found lying in a street in Bow with multiple stab wounds has been identified as Eric Paul.
The 50-year-old, of Burgess Street, Poplar, was discovered injured in the early hours of Saturday morning in Devons Road at the junction with Gale Street.
He was taken by ambulance to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel but was pronounced dead later.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary gave the cause of his death as a stab wound to the chest.
Police said they “retain an open mind” as to the motive behind his death, and are appealing for witnesses.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact the incident room on 020 8358 0300, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt