Man hurt in East London road accident involving police car
A MAN has been injured in a road accident involving a police car in East London this morning. The man was treated at the scene by paramedics after the accident while crossing Bethnal Green Road at 3.40am
A MAN has been injured in a road accident involving a police car in East London this morning.
The man was treated at the scene by paramedics after the accident while crossing Bethnal Green Road at 3.40am.
Police investigators immediately closed part of the main road, at the junction with Hollybush Gardens. It is not known whether the police car was on a 999 call.
The normally busy A1209 thoroughfare from Bethnal Green to Shoreditch is still closed at the junction—more than five hours on, drivers are warned, with morning rush-hour buses having to be curtailed.
It is not thought the pedestrian was seriously hurt, according to Scotland Yard sources. Investigators are still trying to find out how the accident happened.
It is the second incident in 24 hours to hit commuters, after a passenger was killed in an accident yesterday at Bethnal Green Underground station which disrupted Central Line services for several hours.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed