Man hurt in East London road accident involving police car
A MAN has been injured in a road accident involving a police car in East London this morning. The man was treated at the scene by paramedics after the accident while crossing Bethnal Green Road at 3.40am
A MAN has been injured in a road accident involving a police car in East London this morning.
The man was treated at the scene by paramedics after the accident while crossing Bethnal Green Road at 3.40am.
Police investigators immediately closed part of the main road, at the junction with Hollybush Gardens. It is not known whether the police car was on a 999 call.
The normally busy A1209 thoroughfare from Bethnal Green to Shoreditch is still closed at the junction—more than five hours on, drivers are warned, with morning rush-hour buses having to be curtailed.
You may also want to watch:
It is not thought the pedestrian was seriously hurt, according to Scotland Yard sources. Investigators are still trying to find out how the accident happened.
It is the second incident in 24 hours to hit commuters, after a passenger was killed in an accident yesterday at Bethnal Green Underground station which disrupted Central Line services for several hours.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report