Man hurt in East London road accident involving police car
A MAN has been injured in a road accident involving a police car in East London this morning. The man was treated at the scene by paramedics after the accident while crossing Bethnal Green Road at 3.40am
A MAN has been injured in a road accident involving a police car in East London this morning.
The man was treated at the scene by paramedics after the accident while crossing Bethnal Green Road at 3.40am.
Police investigators immediately closed part of the main road, at the junction with Hollybush Gardens. It is not known whether the police car was on a 999 call.
The normally busy A1209 thoroughfare from Bethnal Green to Shoreditch is still closed at the junction—more than five hours on, drivers are warned, with morning rush-hour buses having to be curtailed.
You may also want to watch:
It is not thought the pedestrian was seriously hurt, according to Scotland Yard sources. Investigators are still trying to find out how the accident happened.
It is the second incident in 24 hours to hit commuters, after a passenger was killed in an accident yesterday at Bethnal Green Underground station which disrupted Central Line services for several hours.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs