Man hurt in East London road accident involving police car
A MAN has been injured in a road accident involving a police car in East London this morning. The man was treated at the scene by paramedics after the accident while crossing Bethnal Green Road at 3.40am
A MAN has been injured in a road accident involving a police car in East London this morning.
The man was treated at the scene by paramedics after the accident while crossing Bethnal Green Road at 3.40am.
Police investigators immediately closed part of the main road, at the junction with Hollybush Gardens. It is not known whether the police car was on a 999 call.
The normally busy A1209 thoroughfare from Bethnal Green to Shoreditch is still closed at the junction—more than five hours on, drivers are warned, with morning rush-hour buses having to be curtailed.
You may also want to watch:
It is not thought the pedestrian was seriously hurt, according to Scotland Yard sources. Investigators are still trying to find out how the accident happened.
It is the second incident in 24 hours to hit commuters, after a passenger was killed in an accident yesterday at Bethnal Green Underground station which disrupted Central Line services for several hours.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges