Man in court accused of street brawl murder
A MAN appears in court this morning charged with the murder of 46-year-old Gary Saywell outside an East London pub. He is Ryan Saunders, an unemployed 29-year-old from of Ashville Road in Leytonstone who appears before Waltham Forest magistrates
A MAN appears in court this morning charged with the murder of 46-year-old Gary Saywell outside an East London pub.
He is Ryan Saunders, an unemployed 29-year-old from of Ashville Road in Leytonstone, who appears before Waltham Forest magistrates.
It follows an incident outside Leyton’s Northcote Arms in Grove Green Road at 8.30pm on February 16, when Gary was found on the pavement with a head injury.
Gary was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, before being transferred to the National Hospital for Neurology in central London where he died in the early hours of Saturday, Scotland Yard confirmed. A post mortem on Monday gave cause of death as head injury.
Police this week appealed for witnesses who were in Grove Green Road at 8.30pm on February 16, or anyone with information, to call the incident room on 020-8345 4142, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed