Man in court accused of street brawl murder
A MAN appears in court this morning charged with the murder of 46-year-old Gary Saywell outside an East London pub. He is Ryan Saunders, an unemployed 29-year-old from of Ashville Road in Leytonstone who appears before Waltham Forest magistrates
A MAN appears in court this morning charged with the murder of 46-year-old Gary Saywell outside an East London pub.
He is Ryan Saunders, an unemployed 29-year-old from of Ashville Road in Leytonstone, who appears before Waltham Forest magistrates.
It follows an incident outside Leyton’s Northcote Arms in Grove Green Road at 8.30pm on February 16, when Gary was found on the pavement with a head injury.
Gary was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, before being transferred to the National Hospital for Neurology in central London where he died in the early hours of Saturday, Scotland Yard confirmed. A post mortem on Monday gave cause of death as head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Police this week appealed for witnesses who were in Grove Green Road at 8.30pm on February 16, or anyone with information, to call the incident room on 020-8345 4142, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient