Man in court accused of street brawl murder
A MAN appears in court this morning charged with the murder of 46-year-old Gary Saywell outside an East London pub. He is Ryan Saunders, an unemployed 29-year-old from of Ashville Road in Leytonstone who appears before Waltham Forest magistrates
A MAN appears in court this morning charged with the murder of 46-year-old Gary Saywell outside an East London pub.
He is Ryan Saunders, an unemployed 29-year-old from of Ashville Road in Leytonstone, who appears before Waltham Forest magistrates.
It follows an incident outside Leyton’s Northcote Arms in Grove Green Road at 8.30pm on February 16, when Gary was found on the pavement with a head injury.
Gary was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, before being transferred to the National Hospital for Neurology in central London where he died in the early hours of Saturday, Scotland Yard confirmed. A post mortem on Monday gave cause of death as head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Police this week appealed for witnesses who were in Grove Green Road at 8.30pm on February 16, or anyone with information, to call the incident room on 020-8345 4142, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin