Man in court accused of street brawl murder
A MAN appears in court this morning charged with the murder of 46-year-old Gary Saywell outside an East London pub. He is Ryan Saunders, an unemployed 29-year-old from of Ashville Road in Leytonstone who appears before Waltham Forest magistrates
A MAN appears in court this morning charged with the murder of 46-year-old Gary Saywell outside an East London pub.
He is Ryan Saunders, an unemployed 29-year-old from of Ashville Road in Leytonstone, who appears before Waltham Forest magistrates.
It follows an incident outside Leyton’s Northcote Arms in Grove Green Road at 8.30pm on February 16, when Gary was found on the pavement with a head injury.
Gary was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, before being transferred to the National Hospital for Neurology in central London where he died in the early hours of Saturday, Scotland Yard confirmed. A post mortem on Monday gave cause of death as head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Police this week appealed for witnesses who were in Grove Green Road at 8.30pm on February 16, or anyone with information, to call the incident room on 020-8345 4142, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End