Man in court charged with attempted murder in East End
A MAN was due in court today in connection with Friday’s shooting in London’s East End. Benton Roper, 33, appeared in custody before Thames magistrates charged with the attempted murder of a 22-year-old man in Bromley-by-Bow and with possessing a firearm with intent
A MAN was due in court today in connection with Friday’s shooting in London’s East End.
Two motorbikes and a silver Audi were involved in the incident which began in Devon’s Road in Bromley-by-Bow around midnight, according to police.
One of the bikes carrying a rider and pillion passenger crashed in St Paul’s Way nearby. The other, also carrying two people, collided with the car in Copperfield Way.
The rider or pillion passenger of one of the motorbikes, a 22-year-old man, was found with gunshot wounds and other injuries from the crash. He was taken to hospital in a serious condition.
You may also want to watch:
The car driver and his passenger, both in their 30s, were also taken to hospital with injuries, but not detained. Both were subsequently arrested and released on police bail.
Detectives from the Met’s Operation Trident, which deals with gun crime in London’s black community, later appealed for witnesses or anyone with information to call 020-8217 7385, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Benton Roper, 33, appeared in custody before Thames magistrates charged with the attempted murder of a 22-year-old man at Copperfield Road in Bromley-by-Bow on March 5. Roper, from Burgess Street in Limehouse, is also charged with possessing a firearm with intent to danger life.