Man in court charged with attempted murder in East End
A MAN was due in court today in connection with Friday’s shooting in London’s East End. Benton Roper, 33, appeared in custody before Thames magistrates charged with the attempted murder of a 22-year-old man in Bromley-by-Bow and with possessing a firearm with intent
A MAN was due in court today in connection with Friday’s shooting in London’s East End.
Two motorbikes and a silver Audi were involved in the incident which began in Devon’s Road in Bromley-by-Bow around midnight, according to police.
One of the bikes carrying a rider and pillion passenger crashed in St Paul’s Way nearby. The other, also carrying two people, collided with the car in Copperfield Way.
The rider or pillion passenger of one of the motorbikes, a 22-year-old man, was found with gunshot wounds and other injuries from the crash. He was taken to hospital in a serious condition.
You may also want to watch:
The car driver and his passenger, both in their 30s, were also taken to hospital with injuries, but not detained. Both were subsequently arrested and released on police bail.
Detectives from the Met’s Operation Trident, which deals with gun crime in London’s black community, later appealed for witnesses or anyone with information to call 020-8217 7385, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow
Benton Roper, 33, appeared in custody before Thames magistrates charged with the attempted murder of a 22-year-old man at Copperfield Road in Bromley-by-Bow on March 5. Roper, from Burgess Street in Limehouse, is also charged with possessing a firearm with intent to danger life.