Man in court charged with Clifford Champion’s murder
A MAN was due in court in East London today charged with the murder of 64-year-old Clifford Champion (pictured) last week. He is 23-year-old Sean Lucas from Chingford, who was appearing at Waltham Forest Magistrates’ court
A MAN was due in court in East London today charged with the murder of 64-year-old Clifford Champion (pictured) last week.
He is 23-year-old Sean Lucas from Chingford, who was appearing at Waltham Forest Magistrates' court.
Mr Champion was found bleeding at 3.30am in Westward Road, Chingford, on February 24, on his way back to his home in nearby Churchill Terrace from the all-night Chingford Mount petrol-station to buy cigarettes.
He was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in a life-threatening condition, but died three days later. A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Sunday gave cause of death as head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives appealed for anyone who was in Chingford Mount Road and Westward Road on February 24, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 3865, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Hunt for bogus health worker who gave fake Covid jab to woman of 92