Man in court charged with Clifford Champion’s murder
A MAN was due in court in East London today charged with the murder of 64-year-old Clifford Champion (pictured) last week. He is 23-year-old Sean Lucas from Chingford, who was appearing at Waltham Forest Magistrates’ court
A MAN was due in court in East London today charged with the murder of 64-year-old Clifford Champion (pictured) last week.
He is 23-year-old Sean Lucas from Chingford, who was appearing at Waltham Forest Magistrates' court.
Mr Champion was found bleeding at 3.30am in Westward Road, Chingford, on February 24, on his way back to his home in nearby Churchill Terrace from the all-night Chingford Mount petrol-station to buy cigarettes.
He was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in a life-threatening condition, but died three days later. A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Sunday gave cause of death as head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives appealed for anyone who was in Chingford Mount Road and Westward Road on February 24, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 3865, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 10 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears