Man in court charged with Clifford Champion’s murder
A MAN was due in court in East London today charged with the murder of 64-year-old Clifford Champion (pictured) last week. He is 23-year-old Sean Lucas from Chingford, who was appearing at Waltham Forest Magistrates’ court
A MAN was due in court in East London today charged with the murder of 64-year-old Clifford Champion (pictured) last week.
He is 23-year-old Sean Lucas from Chingford, who was appearing at Waltham Forest Magistrates' court.
Mr Champion was found bleeding at 3.30am in Westward Road, Chingford, on February 24, on his way back to his home in nearby Churchill Terrace from the all-night Chingford Mount petrol-station to buy cigarettes.
He was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in a life-threatening condition, but died three days later. A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Sunday gave cause of death as head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives appealed for anyone who was in Chingford Mount Road and Westward Road on February 24, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 3865, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 7 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job