Man in court charged with Clifford Champion’s murder
A MAN was due in court in East London today charged with the murder of 64-year-old Clifford Champion (pictured) last week. He is 23-year-old Sean Lucas from Chingford, who was appearing at Waltham Forest Magistrates’ court
A MAN was due in court in East London today charged with the murder of 64-year-old Clifford Champion (pictured) last week.
He is 23-year-old Sean Lucas from Chingford, who was appearing at Waltham Forest Magistrates' court.
Mr Champion was found bleeding at 3.30am in Westward Road, Chingford, on February 24, on his way back to his home in nearby Churchill Terrace from the all-night Chingford Mount petrol-station to buy cigarettes.
He was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in a life-threatening condition, but died three days later. A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Sunday gave cause of death as head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives appealed for anyone who was in Chingford Mount Road and Westward Road on February 24, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 3865, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week