Man in hospital with head injuries after Brick Lane attack
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was seriously assaulted in Brick Lane in the early hours of this morning (Monday).
The 24-year-old suffered severe head injuries when he was attacked outside the Brickhouse restaurant and cabaret club in the Truman Brewery around 2am.
Officers believe he was assaulted and then hit his head on a car parked in the street but said the incident is not being treated as a traffic accident.
He was taken to an East London Hospital where his condition is described as serious but not life-threatening and a large area of Brick Lane was cordoned off for forensic evidence gathering.
Cops believe there was a large crowd outside the Truman Brewery at the time of the assault and are appealing for witnesses to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact Det Con Richard Beeton from the violent crime unit at Limehouse Police Station on 0300 123 1212 or calling crime stoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 10 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown