Man in hospital with head injuries after Brick Lane attack
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was seriously assaulted in Brick Lane in the early hours of this morning (Monday).
The 24-year-old suffered severe head injuries when he was attacked outside the Brickhouse restaurant and cabaret club in the Truman Brewery around 2am.
Officers believe he was assaulted and then hit his head on a car parked in the street but said the incident is not being treated as a traffic accident.
He was taken to an East London Hospital where his condition is described as serious but not life-threatening and a large area of Brick Lane was cordoned off for forensic evidence gathering.
Cops believe there was a large crowd outside the Truman Brewery at the time of the assault and are appealing for witnesses to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact Det Con Richard Beeton from the violent crime unit at Limehouse Police Station on 0300 123 1212 or calling crime stoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges