Man in hospital with head injuries after Brick Lane attack
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was seriously assaulted in Brick Lane in the early hours of this morning (Monday).
The 24-year-old suffered severe head injuries when he was attacked outside the Brickhouse restaurant and cabaret club in the Truman Brewery around 2am.
Officers believe he was assaulted and then hit his head on a car parked in the street but said the incident is not being treated as a traffic accident.
He was taken to an East London Hospital where his condition is described as serious but not life-threatening and a large area of Brick Lane was cordoned off for forensic evidence gathering.
Cops believe there was a large crowd outside the Truman Brewery at the time of the assault and are appealing for witnesses to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact Det Con Richard Beeton from the violent crime unit at Limehouse Police Station on 0300 123 1212 or calling crime stoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 7 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End