Man is fighting for life after being set on fire
A MAN is fighting for his life in hospital after being set alight in a horrific attack yesterday. The 25-year-old was found by police wandering around Mile End Park near the canal path in a state of shock in the early hours of Monday morning, suffering
A MAN is fighting for his life in hospital after being set alight in a horrific attack yesterday.
The 25-year-old was found by police wandering around Mile End Park near the canal path in a state of shock in the early hours of Monday morning, suffering with severe burns to his body.
In what officers are calling a "horrible attack", the man from Tower Hamlets had also been kicked and punched by the canal bridge near Solebay Street in Mile End at around 2.30am.
Any flames had been extinguished by the time police found him and he was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Tower Hamlets CID are investigating.
Contact the Tower Hamlets Violent Crime Unit on 0207 275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?