Man is fighting for life after being set on fire
A MAN is fighting for his life in hospital after being set alight in a horrific attack yesterday. The 25-year-old was found by police wandering around Mile End Park near the canal path in a state of shock in the early hours of Monday morning, suffering
A MAN is fighting for his life in hospital after being set alight in a horrific attack yesterday.
The 25-year-old was found by police wandering around Mile End Park near the canal path in a state of shock in the early hours of Monday morning, suffering with severe burns to his body.
In what officers are calling a "horrible attack", the man from Tower Hamlets had also been kicked and punched by the canal bridge near Solebay Street in Mile End at around 2.30am.
Any flames had been extinguished by the time police found him and he was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Tower Hamlets CID are investigating.
Contact the Tower Hamlets Violent Crime Unit on 0207 275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs