Man is fighting for life after being set on fire
A MAN is fighting for his life in hospital after being set alight in a horrific attack yesterday. The 25-year-old was found by police wandering around Mile End Park near the canal path in a state of shock in the early hours of Monday morning, suffering
A MAN is fighting for his life in hospital after being set alight in a horrific attack yesterday.
The 25-year-old was found by police wandering around Mile End Park near the canal path in a state of shock in the early hours of Monday morning, suffering with severe burns to his body.
In what officers are calling a "horrible attack", the man from Tower Hamlets had also been kicked and punched by the canal bridge near Solebay Street in Mile End at around 2.30am.
Any flames had been extinguished by the time police found him and he was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Tower Hamlets CID are investigating.
Contact the Tower Hamlets Violent Crime Unit on 0207 275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage