Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- Credit: Google
A 28-year-old man has died after falling from a tower block in Bromley-by-Bow.
Detectives are at the scene outside the 24-storey Priestman Point in Rainhill Way, off Devons Road, where the man fell from a balcony about 6am today, October 18.
They are currently talking to members of his family.
Paramedics arrived by ambulance and the London Air Ambulance from Whitechapel and fought to save his life — but he died in the street.
A Scotland Yard spokesman told the Advertiser: “He was treated by the ambulance paramedics and London Air Ambulance but was pronounced dead at the scene.
“His death is being treated as unexplained but is not thought to be suspicious.”
The Met Police have begun an investigation into the circumstances.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed