Search

Man rescued after fly spray fire in Shadwell flat

PUBLISHED: 11:21 13 August 2013 | UPDATED: 11:21 13 August 2013

sub

Firefighters rescued a man from a blaze believed to have been caused by cooking close to some fly spray.

Crews were called to a ground floor flat in Watts Street, Shadwell, at around 2am on Saturday.

The fire was out by around 2.30am and the man was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation by paramedics.

It is thought a nearby container of fly spray was ignited when the man was cooking, and set the curtains on fire.

A large part of the flat was damaged.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Cooking is one of the leading causes of fires in London homes.

“If you’re coming in from a night out, don’t try and cook – cooking while drunk or very tired can lead to more than just burnt bangers. We recommend you get a takeaway instead.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the East London Advertiser