Man rescued after fly spray fire in Shadwell flat
- Credit: sub
Firefighters rescued a man from a blaze believed to have been caused by cooking close to some fly spray.
Crews were called to a ground floor flat in Watts Street, Shadwell, at around 2am on Saturday.
The fire was out by around 2.30am and the man was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation by paramedics.
It is thought a nearby container of fly spray was ignited when the man was cooking, and set the curtains on fire.
A large part of the flat was damaged.
You may also want to watch:
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Cooking is one of the leading causes of fires in London homes.
“If you’re coming in from a night out, don’t try and cook – cooking while drunk or very tired can lead to more than just burnt bangers. We recommend you get a takeaway instead.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns