Man’s body recovered from water at South Quay near Canary Wharf
- Credit: Archant
Police pulled a man’s body from the water in South Quay, near Canary Wharf, this morning.
The find is thought to be linked to a man who entered the water at West India Dock, via South Quay Plaza, at about 10pm yesterday.
Detectives believe they know that man’s identity and have said he is in his late 20s or early 30s – but the body found this morning has yet to be formally identified. Nonetheless, the missing man’s next of kin have been told.
The find is not being treated as suspicious.
Were you there? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 6 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 7 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 8 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences