Man shot at London Fields festival is from Bethnal Green
POLICE have revealed that a 27-year-old man shot in the stomach while sunbathing at a family festival in Hackney s London Fields on Saturday afternoon is from Bethnal Green. Festival-goers at Hackney Council s Parks for Life launch event fled in fear as a
POLICE have revealed that a 27-year-old man shot in the stomach while sunbathing at a family festival in Hackney's London Fields on Saturday afternoon is from Bethnal Green.
Festival-goers at Hackney Council's Parks for Life launch event fled in fear as a gunman opened fired shortly before 3.30pm in a fight between two feuding groups of young men.
An innocent bystander relaxing in the middle of the park suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach and was taken to an east London hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition.
Police have now said he is of Lebanese origin but lives in Bethnal Green.
You may also want to watch:
Police now say the man's injuries are not life threatening but could be life changing.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact the Metropolitan Police non-emergency line on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.