Man shot at London Fields festival is from Bethnal Green
POLICE have revealed that a 27-year-old man shot in the stomach while sunbathing at a family festival in Hackney s London Fields on Saturday afternoon is from Bethnal Green. Festival-goers at Hackney Council s Parks for Life launch event fled in fear as a
POLICE have revealed that a 27-year-old man shot in the stomach while sunbathing at a family festival in Hackney's London Fields on Saturday afternoon is from Bethnal Green.
Festival-goers at Hackney Council's Parks for Life launch event fled in fear as a gunman opened fired shortly before 3.30pm in a fight between two feuding groups of young men.
An innocent bystander relaxing in the middle of the park suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach and was taken to an east London hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition.
Police have now said he is of Lebanese origin but lives in Bethnal Green.
You may also want to watch:
Police now say the man's injuries are not life threatening but could be life changing.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact the Metropolitan Police non-emergency line on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.