Man shot at London Fields festival is from Bethnal Green
POLICE have revealed that a 27-year-old man shot in the stomach while sunbathing at a family festival in Hackney s London Fields on Saturday afternoon is from Bethnal Green. Festival-goers at Hackney Council s Parks for Life launch event fled in fear as a
POLICE have revealed that a 27-year-old man shot in the stomach while sunbathing at a family festival in Hackney's London Fields on Saturday afternoon is from Bethnal Green.
Festival-goers at Hackney Council's Parks for Life launch event fled in fear as a gunman opened fired shortly before 3.30pm in a fight between two feuding groups of young men.
An innocent bystander relaxing in the middle of the park suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach and was taken to an east London hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition.
Police have now said he is of Lebanese origin but lives in Bethnal Green.
You may also want to watch:
Police now say the man's injuries are not life threatening but could be life changing.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact the Metropolitan Police non-emergency line on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.