Man shot at London Fields festival is from Bethnal Green
POLICE have revealed that a 27-year-old man shot in the stomach while sunbathing at a family festival in Hackney s London Fields on Saturday afternoon is from Bethnal Green. Festival-goers at Hackney Council s Parks for Life launch event fled in fear as a
POLICE have revealed that a 27-year-old man shot in the stomach while sunbathing at a family festival in Hackney's London Fields on Saturday afternoon is from Bethnal Green.
Festival-goers at Hackney Council's Parks for Life launch event fled in fear as a gunman opened fired shortly before 3.30pm in a fight between two feuding groups of young men.
An innocent bystander relaxing in the middle of the park suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach and was taken to an east London hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition.
Police have now said he is of Lebanese origin but lives in Bethnal Green.
You may also want to watch:
Police now say the man's injuries are not life threatening but could be life changing.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact the Metropolitan Police non-emergency line on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.