Man shot at London Fields festival is from Bethnal Green
POLICE have revealed that a 27-year-old man shot in the stomach while sunbathing at a family festival in Hackney s London Fields on Saturday afternoon is from Bethnal Green. Festival-goers at Hackney Council s Parks for Life launch event fled in fear as a
POLICE have revealed that a 27-year-old man shot in the stomach while sunbathing at a family festival in Hackney's London Fields on Saturday afternoon is from Bethnal Green.
Festival-goers at Hackney Council's Parks for Life launch event fled in fear as a gunman opened fired shortly before 3.30pm in a fight between two feuding groups of young men.
An innocent bystander relaxing in the middle of the park suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach and was taken to an east London hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition.
Police have now said he is of Lebanese origin but lives in Bethnal Green.
Police now say the man's injuries are not life threatening but could be life changing.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 2 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 3 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 4 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 9 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 10 Formula E driver looks forward to upcoming London E-Prix
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact the Metropolitan Police non-emergency line on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.