Man trapped under cement mixer in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Archant
A man has been injured after being trapped under a cement mixer in Bethnal Green.
The pedestrian was involved in a collision with the vehicle at the junction of Hackney Road and Cambridge Heath Road, outside Cambridge Heath station at around 12.30pm.
Hackney Road has been shut both ways while emergency services are on the scene.
A Met Police spokesman confirmed the pedestrian was found trapped underneath the vehicle and was freed by firefighters before being taken to hospital by London’s Air Ambulance.
His condition is currently unknown.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the cement mixer stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
A barista who works at the cafe across the road, but asked not to be named, said that she “heard this massive boom”.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
She added: “Then there were so many police cars blocking our view we couldn’t see anything.”
She explained that a customer had told her about seeing two people crossing the road, with the woman making it across but the man not.