Man wanted for rape after forced marriage in Bethnal Green
POLICE are hunting a man wanted for rape after he was involved in a forced marriage.
Cops are trying to trace Monir Abdul Kashim, aged about 40, who they believe married a 15-year-old girl in Bethnal Green against her will in 2007 and subsequently raped her.
The Met’s Child Abuse Investigation Team believe that Kashim also sexually assaulted the girl’s 12-year-old sister.
Officers have been investigating the case since it was reported to them in 2009 but have been unable to trace the man, who may also go under a different name.
The think he may have fled the UK back to his native Bangladesh but it is believed he may also have links to Birmingham.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to the police on 020 8217 6499 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe