Man wounded in East London street shooting
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man was shot in East London last night. Police were called to reports of shots fired at Seal Street in Dalston at 5.40pm
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man was shot in East London last night (Thursday).
Police were called to reports of shots fired at Seal Street in Dalston at 5.40pm.
They found a 21-year-old with a gunshot wound in the leg. He was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition, Scotland Yard confirmed tonight.
Officers from Operation Trident, which investigates shootings in the Black community, are appealing to anyone with information to call 020-8217 7366, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
Two people have since been arrested in connection with the investigation, a youth of 19 and a 20-year-old. Both are in custody at an East London police station.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges