Man wounded in East London street shooting
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man was shot in East London last night. Police were called to reports of shots fired at Seal Street in Dalston at 5.40pm
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man was shot in East London last night (Thursday).
Police were called to reports of shots fired at Seal Street in Dalston at 5.40pm.
They found a 21-year-old with a gunshot wound in the leg. He was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition, Scotland Yard confirmed tonight.
Officers from Operation Trident, which investigates shootings in the Black community, are appealing to anyone with information to call 020-8217 7366, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
Two people have since been arrested in connection with the investigation, a youth of 19 and a 20-year-old. Both are in custody at an East London police station.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 4 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 5 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 6 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 10 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic