Man wounded in East London street shooting
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man was shot in East London last night. Police were called to reports of shots fired at Seal Street in Dalston at 5.40pm
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man was shot in East London last night (Thursday).
Police were called to reports of shots fired at Seal Street in Dalston at 5.40pm.
They found a 21-year-old with a gunshot wound in the leg. He was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition, Scotland Yard confirmed tonight.
Officers from Operation Trident, which investigates shootings in the Black community, are appealing to anyone with information to call 020-8217 7366, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
Two people have since been arrested in connection with the investigation, a youth of 19 and a 20-year-old. Both are in custody at an East London police station.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 9 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End