‘Mare’ Boris Johnson horses at Canary Wharf for Longines Global Chamions
Hidden cameras were set up to catch people’s reactions when they arrived at the Boris Bikes rack at Canary Wharf.
Boris Bikes appeared to have been replaced with Boris Horses!
But the ‘Mare’ of London hadn’t lost his grip.
It turned out to be a publicity stunt for the Longines Global Chamions Tour which comes to east London on Thursday.
The world’s top 40 riders—including Team GB gold medallists Nick Skelton, Scott Brash and Ben Maher—are taking part in the four-day show-jumping championship, the first sporting event being staged the Olympic Park since last summer’s Games.
You may also want to watch:
Current tour champ Edwina Tops Alexander is among the leading 30 riders competing for a share of the £400,000 Grand Prix prize.
A grandstand for 3,000 spectators is being put up around the arena, as well as a shopping village and giant TV screen to soak up the equestrian atmosphere.
- 1 Shamima Begum will find out this week if she can return from Syria
- 2 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules
- 5 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 6 Flower markets appeal to be allowed to open in time for Mother's Day
- 7 Cigarette sparks fire in Poplar block of flats
- 8 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl
- 9 Fear of mental health crisis as loneliness rises among disabled
- 10 Police raid cannabis cafe in 200-year-old Whitechapel building
Tickets £10 online or at the event. Box Office: 01933-304880