Brick Lane eatery wins an Asian Restaurant and Takeaway Award
- Credit: Archant
An Indian and Bangladeshi restaurant has been named as the best in Brick Lane.
Masala scooped the ‘best of Brick Lane’ category in the Asian Restaurant and Takeaway Awards (ARTA) last week.
Its website states it serves ‘traditional and contemporary Indian cuisine’ from ‘curries to tandoori clay oven baked delights as well a delicious array of seafood dishes’.
Mohammed Munim, ARTA founder, said: “These awards are truly based on the highest of merits and we wanted to ensure that when your future customers see that you have won an award, they’ll know that you’ve achieved one of the highest honours in the industry.”
Attendees at the award which was hosted by television chef Ainsley Harriott and BBC news presenter Samantha Simmonds included Sir John Vincent Cable, leader of the Liberal Democrats.
You may also want to watch:
Other winners on the night included Grand Trunk Road in Ilford which was voted the best restaurant and takeaway in east London.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week