Masked killer who stabbed woman 60 times admits killing
A MAN in an executioner’s mask who killed a college receptionist in East London—stabbing her 60 times—has been detained indefinitely under the Mental Health Act. His frenzied attack at St George’s College in Canning Town left 23-year-old receptionist Sehrish Sheikh dead and another woman of 21 with stab wounds
A MAN in an executioner’s mask who killed a college receptionist in East London—stabbing her 60 times—has been detained indefinitely today (Tuesday) under the Mental Health Act.
His frenzied attack at St George’s College, a small independent establishment with an office above a shop in Balaam Street, Canning Town, left 23-year-old receptionist Sehrish Sheikh dead and another woman of 21 with stab wounds.
The crazed knifeman, dressed in a black, curly wig and an executioner-style mask with fake blood on it, was disarmed at the scene on September 22 when police officers rushed him and managed to overpower him—disregarding their own safety.
You may also want to watch:
But he managed to turn the knife on himself and stab himself in the neck and had to be taken to the Royal London Hospital at Whitechapel.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Rafi Ullah, a 29-year-old from Wembley in north London, was charged with murder, but a plea of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility was accepted when he appeared this-morning at the Old Bailey.
Det Chief Ins Bob Mahoney said after today’s hearing: “I commend the officers, particularly a probationer, who were first on the scene and ran inside and disarmed the man with the knife—with total disregard to their own safety.”