Mass sleep out at Spitalfields to raise cash for street kids of Brazil
HUNDREDS of people are being urged to swap the comfort of their duvets for a cardboard box at one of London s best known markets in a 12 hour mass sleep out to raise cash for street children in Brazil. It is the first time that the historic Spitalfield
HUNDREDS of people are being urged to swap the comfort of their duvets for a cardboard box at one of London's best known markets in a 12 hour mass sleep out to raise cash for street children in Brazil.
It is the first time that the historic Spitalfields Market has hosted such an event.
Organisers hope that the night long fund-raiser will raise �15,000 for the ABC Trust which works with some of Brazil's estimated seven million street children and vulnerable young people.
Participants are asked to raise a minimum of �150 in sponsorship from family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
The Big City Sleep starts at 6pm on Monday November 30 when sleepers will secure their pitch before learning more about the ABC Trust and enjoying music from Brazilian band Zeep and a capoeira demonstration from the East London Capoeira Group and a hot meal before they bed down for the night.
Sleepers will get a wake up call at 5am for breakfast. Sign up for the event by contacting email@example.com, or phone: 0207 287 3818.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid