Mass sleep out at Spitalfields to raise cash for street kids of Brazil
HUNDREDS of people are being urged to swap the comfort of their duvets for a cardboard box at one of London s best known markets in a 12 hour mass sleep out to raise cash for street children in Brazil. It is the first time that the historic Spitalfield
HUNDREDS of people are being urged to swap the comfort of their duvets for a cardboard box at one of London's best known markets in a 12 hour mass sleep out to raise cash for street children in Brazil.
It is the first time that the historic Spitalfields Market has hosted such an event.
Organisers hope that the night long fund-raiser will raise �15,000 for the ABC Trust which works with some of Brazil's estimated seven million street children and vulnerable young people.
Participants are asked to raise a minimum of �150 in sponsorship from family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
The Big City Sleep starts at 6pm on Monday November 30 when sleepers will secure their pitch before learning more about the ABC Trust and enjoying music from Brazilian band Zeep and a capoeira demonstration from the East London Capoeira Group and a hot meal before they bed down for the night.
Sleepers will get a wake up call at 5am for breakfast. Sign up for the event by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: 0207 287 3818.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United