Mature models to star in Mile End charity fashion show
- Credit: Archant
Mature models are set to star in a charity fashion show next month.
The catwalk event at the Waterlily venue in Mile End will help raise cash for cancer care charity Macmillan and mental health charity Mind.
Models of Diversity, the group organising “Catwalk for Change”, hope to raise awareness of the need for greater diversity within the fashion world.
Macmillan’s fundraising manager Kate Macauley said: “This is a really exciting event and I am thrilled that Macmillan can be part of it.
“There is no doubt it will be fantastic and hopefully raise lots for both charities. I can’t thank them enough.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will be held on September 7 at the venue in Mile End Road. Tickets are £20, and can be purchased at: http://www.modelsofdiversity.org/catwalk4change/.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 10 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers