Mature models to star in Mile End charity fashion show
- Credit: Archant
Mature models are set to star in a charity fashion show next month.
The catwalk event at the Waterlily venue in Mile End will help raise cash for cancer care charity Macmillan and mental health charity Mind.
Models of Diversity, the group organising “Catwalk for Change”, hope to raise awareness of the need for greater diversity within the fashion world.
Macmillan’s fundraising manager Kate Macauley said: “This is a really exciting event and I am thrilled that Macmillan can be part of it.
“There is no doubt it will be fantastic and hopefully raise lots for both charities. I can’t thank them enough.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will be held on September 7 at the venue in Mile End Road. Tickets are £20, and can be purchased at: http://www.modelsofdiversity.org/catwalk4change/.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park