Mayor John Biggs to meet East End Trades Guild to discuss East London’s small businesses
- Credit: Archant
The East End Trades Guild is quizzing John Biggs on his mayoral pledges at a meeting tomorrow.
At a guild social last year, the mayor of Tower Hamlets, along with Hackney’s mayor Philip Glanville, promised to do more to protect small businesses.
The guild is now taking the opportunity to hold them to their word at a meeting at Genesis Cinema in Mile End Road on Tuesday.
Ahead of May’s local elections, members will be grilling the two mayors on what’s been done since they made their promise, and what is still left to do.
The guild will also announce its own Affordable Workplace Manifesto, which comes off the back of a survey undertaken by the guild’s representatives in January, which found a lack of affordable workplace to be the biggest challenge facing small businesses in East London.
You may also want to watch:
This has led to huge commercial sites sitting empty, while the ones that are occupied are dealing with astronomical rent costs.
Tickets for the meeting can be secured on the EETG’s social media sites or by emailing email@example.com.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests