Mayor lends a hand cleaning up a patch of wasteland
THE annual spring clean’ has been under way in London’s East End—and even the mayor lent a hand. Several areas are getting the deep clean’ treatment by Tower Hamlets council as part of this year’s Capital Clean Up campaign across London
THE annual 'spring clean' has been under way in London's East End-and even the mayor lent a hand.
Several areas are getting the 'deep clean' treatment by Tower Hamlets council as part of this year's Capital Clean Up campaign across London by the Encams environment charity.
Town Hall squads are touring the streets looking for graffiti and litter to clear up.
Tower Hamlets' mayor Omer Ahmed rolled his sleeves up and helped volunteers to clear derelict land being turned into green space for allotments.
You may also want to watch:
Some 70 volunteers have also been busy today (Thursday) along the Regents and Hertford Union canals clearing weeds and algae and cleaning the tow-paths.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6