Mayor signs up fleet owners to go electric’
BORIS Johnson has joined the electric’ revolution—just days after launching his cycle’ revolution. This time, the he has persuaded vehicle fleet owners to accelerate the uptake of commercial electric vehicles
BORIS Johnson has joined the electric’ revolution—just days after launching his cycle’ revolution.
This time, the he has persuaded vehicle fleet owners to accelerate the uptake of commercial electric vehicles in the capital.
The London Mayor was announcing the move today on the day City Hall which is hosting three eco-vehicle events to promote greener’ transport.
Some of London’s major fleet owners who are already using electric vehicles have signed up with City Hall to share their experiences and to help other organisations across do the same.
You may also want to watch:
Electric vehicles are except from the London Congestion tolls as well as keeping the air clean.
Boris revealed plans on Friday for a network of super cycleways’ linking the suburbs with the City centre, from next May.
Now he wants to make London electric vehicle capital of Europe’ by pledging 25,000 charging points for electric vehicle to form a network across London by 2015 similar to petrol stations.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
- 10 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances