Mayoral candidate Brian Paddick to speak at garden conference at Mile End Park
Mayoral candidate Brian Paddick will be speaking at a garden conference in Mile End organised by a fast growing society taking root in the End End.
The Liberal Democrat will be joined by The Green Party’s London Assembly member Jenny Jones who will also speak at The Ecology Pavilion, next Wednesday.
The East London Garden Society, putting on the event, was set up last year to promote the physical and mental well being of residents by providing opportunities to participate in horticulture. Since then housing associations have joined the board.
More than 100 people have signed up for the event, which has received further political backing with Tower Hamlets councillor Rabina Khan opening the event and MP Jim Fitzpatrick closing it.
Other people speaking will include Mhairi Weir of Spitalfields Farm and Sarah Williams of Capital Growth.
You may also want to watch:
Visit the group’s Facebook page to register for the event.
- 1 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 9 Search is on for next Tower Hamlets Freedom of the Borough award recipient
- 10 Limehouse Link Tunnel closure causing traffic chaos and A13 delays