Mayoral candidate Brian Paddick to speak at garden conference at Mile End Park
Mayoral candidate Brian Paddick will be speaking at a garden conference in Mile End organised by a fast growing society taking root in the End End.
The Liberal Democrat will be joined by The Green Party’s London Assembly member Jenny Jones who will also speak at The Ecology Pavilion, next Wednesday.
The East London Garden Society, putting on the event, was set up last year to promote the physical and mental well being of residents by providing opportunities to participate in horticulture. Since then housing associations have joined the board.
More than 100 people have signed up for the event, which has received further political backing with Tower Hamlets councillor Rabina Khan opening the event and MP Jim Fitzpatrick closing it.
Other people speaking will include Mhairi Weir of Spitalfields Farm and Sarah Williams of Capital Growth.
Visit the group’s Facebook page to register for the event.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi