Mayoral candidate Brian Paddick to speak at garden conference at Mile End Park
Mayoral candidate Brian Paddick will be speaking at a garden conference in Mile End organised by a fast growing society taking root in the End End.
The Liberal Democrat will be joined by The Green Party’s London Assembly member Jenny Jones who will also speak at The Ecology Pavilion, next Wednesday.
The East London Garden Society, putting on the event, was set up last year to promote the physical and mental well being of residents by providing opportunities to participate in horticulture. Since then housing associations have joined the board.
More than 100 people have signed up for the event, which has received further political backing with Tower Hamlets councillor Rabina Khan opening the event and MP Jim Fitzpatrick closing it.
Other people speaking will include Mhairi Weir of Spitalfields Farm and Sarah Williams of Capital Growth.
You may also want to watch:
Visit the group’s Facebook page to register for the event.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 10 Covid: School mourns sad loss of Marner Primary headteacher Nick Hague