McAnuff makes his mark against leaders
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Our ratings for Leyton Orient players against Bristol City
Alex Cisak (6) The run of more than four hours with a clean sheet came to an end, but the stopper made a couple keys stops after defensive blunders to keep the opposition out.
Luke O’Neill (5) The loanee right-back didn’t get in to the game too much and struggled to contain Bristol playmaker Luke Freeman down the flank.
Mathieu Baudry (6) Didn’t have loads of work to do, when he did won his headers well. Also made some important tackles and clearances.
Shane Lowry (5) Aussie centre-back made some great last-ditch tackles, but he also struggled to pick up City’s incoming players in the box.
You may also want to watch:
Andrea Dossena (7) Italian linked up well on the left with Jobi McAnuff, overlapping the winger well to push forward. Provided some great balls into box and almost converted a rocket shot from a long distance.
Romain Vincelot (6) Stand-in skipper did not cause too many problem for the visitors, but did have a solid work-rate, battling to win the ball, taking it from the opposition to turn play over.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Josh Wright (7) Former Millwall midfielder had another solid performance, moving the ball well out to each flank and coming to retrieve the ball from the back four to move play up the pitch.
Jobi McAnuff (8) Had a slow start in Orient colours, but showed why he’s played at a higher level. Pacey and caused problems on the left, linking up well with Dossena. Stole the ball off the Bristol defence to create Orient’s goal.
Ryan Hedges (7) Swansea teenager gave another strong performance on the right-side, causing problems with his pace and skill.
Chris Dagnall (7) Striker just keeps scoring, this time in the fourth minute. Found the open spaces well, never stopped running and created chances for himself.
David Mooney (6) Bright start from the Irish forward, as he took the ball from McAnuff to send Dagnall in for the goal. Bright movement early on, but faded as game progressed.
Dean Cox (6) Winger didn’t get into the game too much, although he did cause danger a few times, with inswinging balls into the box.
Jay Simpson (6) Former Arsenal youngster had a few good touches in his time on the pitch, great to see him fit and back on the pitch.
Gianvito Plasmati (5) Italian saw late overhead kick tipped over in brief cameo.