McAnuff on trial with Championship side Blackburn
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Jamaican is not certain to join Rovers and if he does it won’t happen until next week
Leyton Orient midfielder Jobi McAnuff has been training with Championship side Blackburn Rovers, it has been revealed.
The 33-year-old hasn’t been involved in the O’s first two matches of the new campaign, the 2-0 win over Barnet and the 2-1 loss to MK Dons.
Ian Hendon suggested that was because the Jamaican international had a busy summer with his country where he competed in the Copa America and Gold Cup.
But it has been confirmed that the former Reading man is training with the Lancashire club as he looks to secure a move away from Brisbane Road.
You may also want to watch:
A switch to Rovers is far from certain, though, because McAnuff is believed to be one of four players on trial with the Ewood Park outfit.
Blackburn boss Gary Bowyer is only like to sign two of those, but a forward and a winger are two positions he needs to strengthen in.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
The Championship side are currently under a transfer embargo therefore if the Orient midfielder was to sign for them it would be on a free transfer.
He is believed to be one of the highest earners at Brisbane Road and if he was to depart, O’s head coach Ian Hendon may have more funds to work with.
But a transfer to Rovers isn’t likely to be completed until next week with the Championship team still weighing up a decision over the trialists at the club.
It seems for the time being, McAnuff will remain an Orient player for at least the weekend.