McDonald’s staff in Bow suspended after being filmed attacking ‘racist’ customer
- Credit: The Sun
Three employee’s from a McDonald’s branch in Bow have been suspended after they were filmed attacking a customer for reportedly racially abusing staff.
The footage, captured at 9.30pm on Saturday night at the Payne Road branch, shows three employees throwing kicks and punches just outside the shop front.
A spokeswoman for McDonald’s said the employees have all been suspended as police investigate the incident.
“We take incidents like this very seriously, and while an internal investigation is undertaken, we have suspended all employees involved in this incident.
“This is now a police investigation, and we cannot provide any further comment.”
The video begins with one employee approaching the middle-aged man, dressed in a dark jacket and blue jeans, and grabbing him by the collar and pushing him to the ground.
Another employee can then be seen swinging punches towards the man’s head before he stands up again and appears to say something directed at the staff.
- 1 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 8 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 10 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
At this point a third employee, who appears to be holding back colleagues, lashes out by punching the customer in the face.
Witnesses reported that the customer had persistently made racist remarks towards the staff.