McDonald’s staff in Bow suspended after being filmed attacking ‘racist’ customer
- Credit: The Sun
Three employee’s from a McDonald’s branch in Bow have been suspended after they were filmed attacking a customer for reportedly racially abusing staff.
The footage, captured at 9.30pm on Saturday night at the Payne Road branch, shows three employees throwing kicks and punches just outside the shop front.
A spokeswoman for McDonald’s said the employees have all been suspended as police investigate the incident.
“We take incidents like this very seriously, and while an internal investigation is undertaken, we have suspended all employees involved in this incident.
“This is now a police investigation, and we cannot provide any further comment.”
You may also want to watch:
The video begins with one employee approaching the middle-aged man, dressed in a dark jacket and blue jeans, and grabbing him by the collar and pushing him to the ground.
Another employee can then be seen swinging punches towards the man’s head before he stands up again and appears to say something directed at the staff.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
At this point a third employee, who appears to be holding back colleagues, lashes out by punching the customer in the face.
Witnesses reported that the customer had persistently made racist remarks towards the staff.