Medical students flee Tower Hamlets to raise cash for cancer charity
TWO medical students are fleeing the East End today in an attempt to get as far away as possible within 30 hours for charity. James Miller and Samantha Chessell are taking part in a charity jailbreak which involves them getting as far away as possibl
TWO medical students are fleeing the East End today in an attempt to get as far away as possible within 30 hours for charity.
James Miller and Samantha Chessell are taking part in a charity jailbreak which involves them getting as far away as possible from their university at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry in Whitechapel by 10pm tomorrow.
The pair who live in Whitechapel are taking on the challenge to raise money for the children's charity KidsCan which helps youngsters with cancer.
They are hoping to raise at least �1,000 but so far have only managed to get a free journey to Stansted Airport where they will be arriving today to persuade an airline to fund their trip.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha told the Advertiser: "I have never done anything like this before and I wanted to do something spontaneous.
"And doing it for a kids' cancer charity makes it all the more worth it."
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park