Medical students flee Tower Hamlets to raise cash for cancer charity
TWO medical students are fleeing the East End today in an attempt to get as far away as possible within 30 hours for charity. James Miller and Samantha Chessell are taking part in a charity jailbreak which involves them getting as far away as possibl
TWO medical students are fleeing the East End today in an attempt to get as far away as possible within 30 hours for charity.
James Miller and Samantha Chessell are taking part in a charity jailbreak which involves them getting as far away as possible from their university at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry in Whitechapel by 10pm tomorrow.
The pair who live in Whitechapel are taking on the challenge to raise money for the children's charity KidsCan which helps youngsters with cancer.
They are hoping to raise at least �1,000 but so far have only managed to get a free journey to Stansted Airport where they will be arriving today to persuade an airline to fund their trip.
Samantha told the Advertiser: "I have never done anything like this before and I wanted to do something spontaneous.
"And doing it for a kids' cancer charity makes it all the more worth it."
- 1 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 2 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 3 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 4 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 5 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
- 6 Aspire 'will work for everyone in Tower Hamlets' after winning majority
- 7 Night Tube services to return on Jubilee line next week
- 8 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 9 Wiley wanted after court no-show amid assault and burglary charges
- 10 12 people charged following east London drugs bust