Men arrested in Stepney dawn raids charged with drug dealing offences
TWELVE men appeared at Thames Magistrates Court today (Friday) charged with drug dealing after they were arrested in a series of raids in the East End yesterday. Nine adults and three teenagers have been charged with supplying drugs, including heroin, co
TWELVE men appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court today (Friday) charged with drug dealing after they were arrested in a series of raids in the East End yesterday.
Nine adults and three teenagers have been charged with supplying drugs, including heroin, cocaine, crack cocaine and cannabis.
One man was also charged with possession of an automatic weapon and ammunition.
All 12 were arrested during dawn raids by the Met on Stepney's Ocean Estate yesterday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Five other people arrested during the raids have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning