Men rescued after camera inside oven explodes
- Credit: sub
Two men were rescued from a fire yesterday after a camera hidden inside an oven exploded.
The men, thought to be in their late 20s, were led from a first floor flat in Sidney Street, in Whitechapel, by firefighters using breathing apparatus at around 11pm.
Paramedics treated them for smoke inhalation at the scene.
It emerged that one of the men had hidden the SLR camera inside the oven following a recent spate of burglaries.
Someone had then turned the oven on and the camera exploded.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze, which was under control within 15 minutes, destroyed the oven and damaged some of the kitchen.
A spokesman from Whitechapel fire station said: “When I opened the oven I had expected to find some kind of dish, but instead there were remains of a camera.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
“I’d advise people not to put their cameras in the oven.”